Sam Mendes’ Beatles biopics have reportedly cast the Fab Four

The cast of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics has reported come together – find out more below.

READ MORE: ‘Let It Be’ review: The Beatles dust off their spellbinding 1970 break-up doc

Per reports via ScreenRant and Vogue, the Fab Four have supposedly been cast for Sam Mendes’ four films. ScreenRant and Vogue attribute their reportings to The InSneider, who claims that Mendes has found his Fab Four. Paul Mescal will reportedly be portraying Paul McCartney, which had previously been floated around in May.

Now, InSneider reports that John Lennon will be played by Harris Dickinson, while Barry Keoghan plays Ringo Starr and Charlie Rowe plays George Harrison. At the time of writing, these rumours have not been confirmed nor denied by Sony, which will be distributing Sam Mendes’ films.

The Beatles (from left to right, John Lennon (1940 – 1980), George Harrison (1943 – 2001), Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr) arrive back at London Airport after their Australian tour. (Photo by Fox Photos/Getty Images)

Announced back in February, Mendes will be directing four Beatles biopic projects – one told from the perspective of each band member. The biopics will be told from each band member’s point-of-view and will intersect to “tell the story of the greatest band in history.”

The project marks the first time Apple Corps Ltd. and The Beatles – Paul McCartneyRingo Starr, along with the families of John Lennon and George Harrison – have granted full life story and music rights for a scripted film.

The films are set to have a global release in 2027, with the band saying in a statement: “The dating cadence of the films, the details of which will be shared closer to release, will be innovative and groundbreaking”.

The Beatles during a press conference on August 6, 1966 in New York, New York. CREDIT: Santi Visalli/Getty Images

In other Beatles news, drummer Ringo Starr recently gave the newly restored Let It Be documentary his seal of approval, despite previously claiming that there was “not a lot of joy” in it. While the original film has been difficult to obtain over the past five decades, last month, NME exclusively announced that Disney+ were to release a restored version of the 1970 film.

Ahead of its release, NME gave the re-release of Let It Be a glowing four-star review. “What Let It Be has gained through the decades, though, is historical weight. The sight of The Beatles playing and rehearsing together, freely and candidly, will never lose its window-on-history magic. Meanwhile, tracks that might have felt new – even a bit throwaway – in 1970 have become stone cold classics,” it read.

The post Sam Mendes’ Beatles biopics have reportedly cast the Fab Four appeared first on NME.

More Music News
Scroll to Top